Explore issues that are important to you, better understand past experiences and find healthy ways to move forward.
Human beings are hard-wired to seek connection and when things happen that leave us feeling rejected, unsupported or alone, it can profoundly affect us. These experiences, especially when we experience them early in life, can leave deep “cracks” in our foundation that we continue to feel deeply until they are healed.
On the flip side, experiences that help us feel safe, secure, and connected can have a profound effect on our ability to heal and move forward.
Therapy in a safe and supportive environment can help you:
- Become more comfortable expressing your thoughts and feelings
- Develop stronger self-esteem and sense of self
- Establish healthier boundaries
- Engage in healthier relationship patterns
- Better understand yourself and your needs
- Feel less distressed about things that happened in the past
- Be calmer, happier and more confident
- Feel less alone, less “stuck”
- Feel more present and in control
- Be more optimistic about the future
There are many reasons why your child might be struggling and in virtually every case, the best way to help them move forward is with your support and the security your relationship with them provides. For this reason, we do not see young children for individual therapy without a caregiver present.