Family therapy offers support for children and families to strengthen relationships, gain a deeper understanding of various needs and experiences and work together to make positive changes.
We support children and their parents through a variety of social, emotional, behavioural, psychiatric and environmental challenges. We will work to learn about each family members’ unique strengths and needs, and provide the support needed to help your family reach its goals.
Our experienced team offers a unique blend of practical support and strategies with strong theoretical knowledge and first-hand experience. We have worked with children and families in a variety of settings, on multi-disciplinary teams, allowing us to provide integrative support for difficulties at home, school and in the community.
We specialize in:
- The Early Years (baby and toddler to school-age children)
- Attachment/Strengthening relationships
- Trauma and stress
- Anxiety and mood challenges
- Behavioural challenges
- School and peer difficulties
Family Therapy can:
- Support children with a variety of difficulties they may be experiencing
- Increase resilience and coping skills
- Help family members communicate more effectively
- Make family time less stressful and more enjoyable
- Help parents gain more insight into their children’s struggles
- Help all family members feel supported and less isolated in their struggles
Please also see Parent Support & Coaching.